Depression and Anxiety
Group coaching program
Depression or anxiety is a complex issue and there is no simple solution to cure it. Psychiatric medication may improve the symptoms for a short time, but most patients relapse and the symptoms become more severe.
what is the support group about?
In the past 14 years, the Mental Wellness coaching program has been very effective in curing these disorders. The program is provided in a biweekly group meeting. The group meetings are facilitated by Dr. Rayes who has been offering the coaching programs for more than twenty years.
The group provides a safe, friendly, non-judgmental, supportive environment. The meetings are interactive, inspiring, educational, and fun. The group members feel your pain, empathize with you and support you through your healing process. If you cannot attend the group meetings in Vancouver, you may attend the online group meetings.
To attend the meetings, please Subscribe to the mailing list. In this program, you will be able to identify the underlying causes of your depression/anxiety, and how to resolve them. You learn healthy habits and new skills and improve your lifestyle to prevent relapses.
Benefits of attending the group meetings
You will learn more about yourself, improve your interpersonal relationships, address your feelings of isolation, depression, and anxiety, get rid of habits that interfere with your healing and develop new skills to help you heal and make significant changes to improve the quality of your life. You will:
- Be empowered knowing that you are capable of determining your own goals, making your own decisions, finding your solutions, and changing your life backed by the support, and encouragement of the facilitator and group members
- Enhance your problem-solving skills and accountability while remaining centered
- Develop more effective communication and relationship skills
- Get feedback on specific issues to help you find your solutions
- Commit to action to overcome your difficulties and enjoy your life and career
- Overcome your illness at a faster pace with less or no relapses
- Practice a holistic approach that complements the services provided by medical professionals
- Receive social support
- Reduce isolation by sharing of experiences and knowing that you are not alone
- Improve your self-esteem
- Improve your life quality, your physical, spiritual, and mental health, and your finances and eventually heal
- Provide and receive emotional support
- Realize that although people have many different issues and varied ways of coping, there are basic struggles we all share that are intrinsic to being human. This simple but powerful concept helps to reduce our sense of isolation
- Overcome social anxiety feeling that you are in a compassionate caring, non-judgmental group
- Feel that you are cared for and involved in the group interactive experience.
- Becomes like a member of a family that accepts you unconditionally, and gives you an experience that improves your emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical health
- Become adept in resolving personal and social conflicts
- Learn new ways to deal with your negative feelings
- Obtain practical advice
- Develop friendships and reduce the sense of isolation
- Hear different perspectives
- Save money (expedite your healing to become more productive and have a better quality of life)
To receive invitations to the group meetings, please SUBSCRIBE .
For more information or to join a support group, please call 604-630-6865.