A talk and book signing at Banyen Books 3608 West 4th Avenue
Admission is free.
Book: Mental Wellness: A Spiritual Journey
Date: October 20, 2011 from 6:30 pm – 8 pm
Dr. El-Rayes presents a systematic approach to healing from depression, anxiety, and addiction, and a path to mental wellness to create a much happier and more fulfilling life. Mental Wellness: A Spiritual Journey goes beyond the concept of mental health – being free of a mental disorder. The program uses evidence-based practices and complements medical services. It integrates the author’s personal experience with the work of several renowned psychologists and psychiatrists, including Abraham Maslow, Aaron Beck, Victor Frankl, Thomas Hora, and others, as well as some of the ancient and contemporary philosophers. Dr. El-Rayes’ program has been endorsed by prominent psychiatrists and physicians, including Dr. Gabor Mate, and UBC Medical School Professor Soma Ganesan, and Dr. A. Gray of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in the UK (Psychiatry and Spirituality Special Interest Group) and has helped thousands of people.
Although the book focuses on healing from depression and anxiety, it can be very helpful for a broad range of readers as it addresses our human needs for growth, self-improvement, and self-transcendence. El-Rayes’ program can be helpful for people who are:
- Seeking a better, more fulfilling life (finding meaning and life purpose)
- Facing a difficult situation whether it is:
- Finding a new career or direction in life
- Raising their children
- Communicating with family members, friends, and colleagues
- Having a difficult personal or business relationship
- Suffering from a loss of a close person or change in life because of separation or divorce